The Booking Truth reveals what makes a truly delightful travel experience.
Built upon an entirely new methodology defined by the American traveler’s perspective (not the industry’s), The Booking Truth identifies 65 factors driving guest experiences – everything from the disappointing to the satisfying to the truly delightful.
From basic, tangible factors like beds, bathrooms and décor, to experiential considerations like staff, location and ancillary services, the factors impacting American business and leisure travel form the basis of their reviews and, therefore, what they tell other travelers.
When it comes to delivering a delightful guest experience, there are six ways that hotels and accommodations impress their guests.
- The Total Package
- Whether their stay is for business or pleasure, 42 percent of guests say that they only truly relax and enjoy their stay when they have confidence that they can hand over all aspects of their stay to the “hotel that does it all”.
- A Little Staff Attention Goes a Long Way
- Attentive staff turns a good hotel experience into a delight. The moment a guest walks through the front door of an accommodation sets the tone for their entire stay.
- 21 percent of all customers mentioned staff and front desk service as being key factors that lead to an exemplary stay.
- Falling in Love
- A coup de coeur always ensures repeat business. Accommodations that have that something extra that guests can fall in love with get the most applause from guests.
- Travelers mentioned that they fell in love with something (or someone) in 20 percent of the cases.
- Good Location + Adventure = A Memorable Experience
- Hotels that help guests to take full advantage of their locations and amenities to enjoy new adventures leave them with the best memories of their stay, according to 6 percent of travelers.
- Discovering Something New
- Travel has always meant opening up to new experiences. And the hotel that helps its guests discover new things delivers the most delight for 6 percent of travelers.
- Beyond Family Friendly
- Family friendly is par for the course these days. Guests favor hotels that are “family supportive” and foster quality togetherness, as mentioned by 5 percent of all guests.